PS 025 - Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) SIMM 19E Project Delegation RequestProcedures/Standards Update: March 2023
Agency Chief Information Officers (AIO)
Agency Information Security Officers (AISO)
Chief Information Officers (CIO)
Information Security Officers (ISO)
SIMM 19A.5 Agency/State Entity Portfolio Report Update
The Project Approval Lifecycle (PAL) outlined in Statewide Information Management Manual (SIMM) 19 is a structured framework for planning to maximize the likelihood of successful project completion. To aid agencies/state entities in monitoring their ongoing Information Technology (IT) initiatives, SIMM 19A.5 provides the Agency/State Entity Portfolio Report, a portfolio tracking template. This report enables agencies/state entities to provide updates on all active IT projects and serves as a reference point for periodic discussions with management and executives at the California Department of Technology (CDT).
Minor changes were made to SIMM 19A.5 to improve the report quality.
The purpose of this Procedures/Standards update is to announce:
- Minor format and content updates were made to SIMM 19A.5:
- ‘SP-Delegated’ tab was removed.
- A new tab ‘Business Rules’ was added. This tab is for entry and exit guidelines for projects.
- A new column for ‘PAL Completion/Approval Date’ was added to the ‘Non-Delegated – Delegated’ tab. This allows CDT to see that a delegated project was approved, and to measure the time an agency/state entity spent in the PAL.
- A new column for ‘Statewide Strategic Plan’ was added to the ‘PAL’ and ‘NonDelegated – Delegated’ tabs. This was added to establish alignment of the projects/efforts with the Statewide Strategic Plan.
The following reference materials are associated with this Procedures/Standards Update. SIMM is available on the CDT’s website located at https://cdt.ca.gov/policy/simm/.
- SIMM 19
Direct questions regarding this announcement to the Department of Technology, Office of Statewide Project Delivery (OSPD) at ProjectOversight@state.ca.gov.