California Managed Cloud (CAMC) Hosting
CAMC provides customers with CDT managed services within the public cloud. These services include Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) and Platform as a Service (PaaS). IaaS provides traditional virtual servers and provides for the selection of vCPU, memory, storage, and data protection. PaaS brings new services such as containers, serverless, and other cloud-native offerings. CAMC provides these services in a cost-effective manner in the public cloud as an alternative to the traditional on-premises deployments. Currently, this offering is only available on AWS but other Cloud Providers will be added in 2022.
- Low-cost hosting solution
- No capital expenditures
- Rapid provisioning
- 24×7 Help Desk
- 24×7 Operations Center
- 26 instance sizes to choose from to meet any application-sizing requirements
- Native Cloud Services such as Container, Serverless, Autoscale Groups and RDMS
- Native support for Java, Go, PowerShell, Node, C#, Ruby, and Python.
- Built-in fault tolerance.
- Automatic scaling.
- Connection to Relational Database Services (RDS).
- Unlimited Object Storage with varying storage and pricing tiers.
Relational Database Service (RDS)
- Instances are pre-configured with parameters and settings appropriate for the engine and class you have selected.
- Relational database software powering your deployment stays up-to-date with the latest patches.
- Push-button database scaling up to a maximum of 32 vCPUs and 244 GB of RAM.
- Deploy “Read Replicas” of databases to improve the performance of the main databases.
- Automated backups enable point-in-time recovery of databases.
- The database is deployed in multiple availability zones to ensure availability.
- Data encryption is at rest and in transit
- Reserve instances are available
- Available as a Pay-as-you-go service
- Launch or terminate Amazon EC2 servers in auto-scaling groups.
- Adjust ECS and EC2 instances to the desired account using server and network-based metrics and alarms.
- Configure predefined optimization strategies to optimize performance and cost.
- 26 instance sizes to meet any application sizing requirements.
- Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard
- Windows Server 2016
- RedHat Enterprise Linux 64bit
- Cloud Provider Interconnect (CPI) connections into the CMAC environment.
Operating system security strictly adheres to established, applicable CDT security policies. Policies include, but are not limited to, an established quarterly operating system patch cycle and routine third-party security scans to test for known vulnerabilities.
For more information, see Security Services.
- Security is embedded into the automation that builds the account and deploys the services.
- Data encryption is in transit and at rest.
- Network traffic inspected at CDT firewalls and IPS.
- Network traffic logs are created using automation. Network logs are stored in S3 and sent to Splunk SIEM.
- API calls are logged and sent to the Splunk SIEM where they are monitored by 24×7 security staff.
- AWS Shield is deployed on all accounts. AWS Shield Advanced provisioned at customer’s request at no cost.
- AWS Guardduty leverages AI to identify unusual account activity.
- CloudFront CDN and WAF deployed on customer AWS accounts.
- Full logging is enabled and logs are sent to our Security Operations Center for 24×7 monitoring.
- Security aligned with the following IT security standards:
- SOC 1/ISAE 3402
- SOC 2
- SOC 3
- FedRAMP Moderate
- PCI DSS Level 1
- ISO 9001
- ISO 27001
- ISO 27017
- ISO 27018
The following components and features are standard administration responsibilities for CDT:
- Data storage
- Operating system patching
- Serverless application functions
- Capacity, performance, and system-level fault monitoring
- Cloud-provider managed Virtual servers
- Point-in-time backups and restores
- Storage lifecycle policies
- CDT standard security scans
Operating System CDT
Operating System Patching CDT
Application Customer/CDT - Depends on the owner of the application.
Application Layer Security Customer/CDT - Depends on the owner of the application.
Application Maintenance Customer/CDT - Depends on the owner of the application.
Application Support Customer/CDT - Depends on the owner of the application.
Connectivity to servers CDT
Disk space management CDT
Backup and recovery CDT
Capacity Monitoring CDT
Customers are charged the vendor’s usage costs for subscribed services, plus a 10% Support Service Fee.
Service Description Service Identifier Product Name Unit of Measurement Rate Service Code Notes
CAMC Pass-Through CA Managed Cloud CA Managed Cloud Variable Vendor Cost +10% Fee L501 CAMC Windows IaaS Support CA Managed Cloud CA Managed Cloud Per IaaS VM Instance, Per Month $295.00 L502 CAMC Linux IaaS Support CA Managed Cloud CA Managed Cloud Per IaaS VM Instance, Per Month $283.00 L503
To submit a Case/Request for CAMC Cloud Native Services, please go to the CAMC Native Services request.
To submit a Case/Request for a new server or server environment or changes to an existing environment, please go to the Linux Server Request.
To submit a service request for a new server or server environment, please go to the Windows Server Request.
Why do I need to use the Linux server build catalog item to request Native Services?
We do not have a catalog item for Native Services yet. This is being designed now.
Do I need to go through the Enterprise Service Delivery (ESD) process for these builds?
We have set up a modified ESD process for Cloud requests.
How long will it take to build my services in the cloud?
Generally, it takes a couple of days to have a scoping meeting to determine your needs and then build to those specifications.
How do I get billed for Cloud Services?
All Cloud Provider charges incurred are pass-through charges on your bill. Support charges will be added according to the services chosen.
What group inside CDT will support my services?
Not only do you have a cross-functional matrix team to help design, scope, and build your resources, this team along with the Platform teams will support your environment.