Computer Network Defense (CND) Services
Computer Network Defense (CND) Services are offered to state and local governments through the California National Guard-Partner Services.
The Computer Network Defense (CND) team’s services assist in developing comprehensive cyber security strategies to meet the specific business needs of government and critical infrastructure providers. The CND conducts an assessment of a customer’s network to help identify the overall security risk and improve compliance with the various security regulatory requirements imposed on agencies. Service categories include:
- Pre-incident cyber security services, including:
- Vulnerability assessments,
- Firewall configuration and compliance analysis,
- Website cross-site scripting and SQL injection analysis,
- Baseline system hardening analysis,
- Cyber security project analysis and vulnerability assessment for government projects,
- Cyber security coordination, information sharing, and knowledge transfer between government agencies, academia, and critical infrastructure providers, and
- Other cyber risk mitigation services.
On a case-by-case basis, the CND can be engaged to assist with:
- Cyber security incident recovery designed to facilitate restoration to secure normal operations
- Custom support and training to meet an organization’s unique business needs
For a current listing of offering, please see the CND Service Description and Rates (PDF).
For more information, contact the CalGuard Computer Network Defense division at (916) 369-5003.
- Over 50 years combined team experience protecting federal information systems, networks, and infrastructures
- Partnerships include federal, states, critical infrastructure providers, academia, and industry
- Staff focused on Defensive Cyber Operations (DCO)
- Team members must meet the rigorous standards of DoDI 8570-1M
- Commercial certifications include:
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP) Enterprise Administrator
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP)
- Symantec Enterprise Endpoint protection
- BeyondTrust Retina
- Professional staff with significant Department of Defense IT compliance experience
- Team members fully vetted via the DoD Security Clearance Process
- Cyber security staff (cleared through Top Secret) can meet any client operational sensitivity requirements
The CND works with customers to comply with the various regulatory requirements imposed on state, federal, and critical infrastructure providers, including:
- Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA)
- National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST)
- Federal Information Processing Standards (FIPS)
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
- State Administrative Manual (SAM)
- State Information Management Manual (SIMM)
- Personally Identifiable Information (PII) directives
This offering is classified as a Current Service.
CND rates are available in the CND Catalog (PDF).
TYPICAL SUPPORT ENGAGEMENT CYCLE
- Agency contacts CND and requests a no cost introductory in-brief and services consultation
- CND works with agency to assist in determining service requirements and scope of work
- Agency completes an Interagency Agreement (IAA) with the California Military Department
- Once signed IAA is received, production is scheduled and executed
- Completed products are scheduled for delivery (typically 3-4 weeks)
Please contact the Computer Network Defense at (916) 369-5003.