SalesForce - Customer Relationship Management
The California Department of Technology (CDT) offers SalesForce as a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) solution. One of the leaders in cloud computing, Salesforce provides applications for all aspects of businesses, including Customer Relationship Management (CRM), Sales, Enterprise Resource Planning, Customer Service, Marketing Automation, Business Analytics, Mobile Application building, and much more. The Salesforce subscription service provides a vendor hosted and managed Information Technology (IT) environment.
- Low Cost Hosting Solution
- No Capital Expenditures
- Pay Per Use
- High Adoption – available from any computer or any device—anytime, anywhere
- Effortless Upgrades – SaaS provider manages all updates and upgrades
What You Get With Your Subscription
CDT provides a contract vehicle for customers to subscribe to services with the expectation of added value such as volume discounts due to enterprise consolidation of all licenses into one contract in addition to:
- Service fulfillment;
- Customer onboarding;
- Contract management;
- Service management;
- Vendor management;
- Vendor invoice receipt, review, approval and payment;
- Procurement process including contract negotiations, purchase order generation and contract renewals;
- Software subscription tracking and renewal by customer; and
- Essential administrative activities in support of the above functions.
Government Cloud – SalesForce’s Government Cloud addresses the FedRAMP requirements for cloud computing. SalesForce Cloud Service Provider (CSP) has attained FedRAMP authority to operate both Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS), consistent with the FedRAMP moderate baseline controls. The SalesForce Government Cloud is a partitioned instance of SalesForce’s multi-tenant public cloud infrastructure, specifically for use by U.S federal, state, and local government customers, U.S. government contractors, and Federally Funded Research and Development Centers (FFRDCs). The isolated production infrastructure, supporting the Salesforce Government Cloud customer data, ensures that the physical hardware is separate from the hardware supporting other customers. Access to systems and permissions, which could permit access to customer data inside of the SalesForce Government Cloud, is restricted to qualified U.S. citizens. Qualified U.S. citizens are individuals who are United States citizens, and are physically located within the United States when accessing the SalesForce Government Cloud systems; and have completed a background check as a condition of their employment with SalesForce.
Supports disaster recovery with a 4 hour recovery point objective (RPO) and 12 hour recovery time objective (RTO).
Roles & Responsibilities can be found on the Vendor Hosted Service Standards page.
To request this service, please follow the below process:
- The Customer contacts the VHSS Vendor and schedules a meeting to discuss requirements.
|Vendor Name (and Product)||Contract Number||Contact Name||Phone||Alternate Phone|
|Carahsoft (Salesforce)||16-10798||Allison Mackin||(703) 889-9819||(888) email@example.com|
- The Vendor provides a Business Proposal for new services or a price quote for additional/renewal services to the Customer.
- The Customer submits a Service Request to CDT requesting services with the Business Proposal or quote attached.
- The Service Request must contain the following information in the narrative:
- The timeframe to utilize the service,
- A list of general requirements, and
- A budgetary quote or a business proposal.
- ITPM reviews, processes, and approves the request.
- Once all approvals are received, ITPM releases a work authorization.
- The VHSS vendor will work with the Customer to schedule a walk-through the application and make any necessary configuration changes.
- The Customer will notify ITPM once the services are completed so that the department can accept the vendor invoice and bill the customer.
To request to Subscribe, Change/Renew, Discontinue, or Request a Cost Estimate for CRM, submit a service request and choose the SalesForce option from the VHSS product drop-down list: Order Service Now