Domain Name Service (DNS)
The Domain Name Service (DNS) administers and maintains the CA.GOV and STATE.CA.US and several IN-ADDR.ARPA domains, for state and local government entities (e.g., city, county, police or fire department, reclamation, water district, etc.).
- DNS registration and administration for “CA.GOV” and “STATE.CA.US” domains.
- Primary zones delegated to CDT.
- Delegation of third-level domains to a government entities and outside Internet Service Providers (ISP) for the CA.GOV and STATE.CA.US domains.
- Delegation of sub-domains (e.g., to a government entity or ISP).
- Management of the primary third-level domains for government entities.
This offering is classified as a Current Service.
CDT coordinates registration renewal.
There are no charges for DNS administration / maintenance requests submitted to CDT for CA.GOV or STATE.CA.US domains.
Government entities can submit DNS administration / maintenance requests to CDT.
Existing CDT Customer
- To request to Add, Change or Delete a DNS entry, or for other DNS services, submit a service request directly in Remedy: Order Service Now
New CDT Customer
- Email the request to email@example.com