Domain Name System (DNS)
The Domain Name Request System is the place to go to request new domains under CA.GOV. It contains the definitive registry for existing third-level CA.GOV domains (xxxx.ca.gov) for state and local government entities (e.g., city, county, police or fire department, reclamation, water district, etc.).
- DNS registration for third-level domains under “CA.GOV” (i.e. DWR.ca.gov, CDT.ca.gov)
- Built-in prompts to help guide users through required documentation for new requests
- Built-in prompts to help guide users through proper nomenclature per policy (SAM 5195, SIMM 40A)
- Access to your domains’ ownership information at any time
- Annual reminders for domain owners to keep domains and contacts current
This offering is classified as a Current Service.
CDT coordinates registration renewals.
There are no charges for DNS administration.
Government entities can request new third-level domains (xxxx.ca.gov) via https://domainnamerequest.cdt.ca.gov/ Government entities with existing domains can submit technical / administration / maintenance requests to CDT via Remedy (or Service Desk if you do not have access to Remedy)
- To request to Add, Change or Delete a DNS entry, or for other DNS services, submit a service request directly in Remedy: Request Now