California Project Management Office
- The California Project Management Office (CA-PMO) provides centralized project management services to assist customers in managing Information Technology projects.
- Scope of services depends on customer needs and may include point-in-time project consulting to full on-site project management.
- Team works with customers to determine project needs at the planning and development stages.
- The Statewide Technology Procurement Division (STPD) conducts independent project oversight for state project acquisitions of information technology (IT) and telecommunications goods and services. STPD is responsible for developing innovative procurement approaches for highly complex IT projects (Public Contract Code 12100 and 12120).
- Project Approvals and Oversight conducts independent project oversight on medium and high criticality, reportable information technology (IT) projects for departments and constitutional offices (Government Code 11546, et al).
- The IPO managers are embedded in the project, review and monitor project health; create project oversight reports; escalate project risks and issues; and assist project staff in developing appropriate risk and issue mitigation strategies.