Virtual Desktop Services
The Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) provides secure hosted virtual applications within a private cloud computing environment for State, County, Federal and local government entities of California, and empowers users with on-demand self-service to enterprise applications. Virtual Desktop Services is an application delivery solution that enables applications to be virtualized, centralized, and managed in the data center and instantly delivered as a service to users anywhere on any device.
Secure, anywhere, anytime, access to applications:
- Two-factor authentication
- Enterprise-class scalability
- Platform always up-to-date
- Core Microsoft Office Pro/Custom/COTS
Multiple costing models:
- Cost based on the number of user/concurrency
- Base application bundle
- Office Productivity bundle
- Custom/COTS application hosting
Fully managed solution:
- 24/7 Service Desk
- Self-service administration options
- Multi-layer anti-virus and email spam filtering
- Comprehensive data migration
Multiple access methods:
- Mobile devices
Utilizing the VDI services client departments don’t have to worry about managing the virtual infrastructure, as this is handled by CDT. Infrastructure in this context can include the network, servers, user desktops, and hosted applications.
Further savings can be realized in organizations that accommodate BYOD (bring your own device), including laptops and tablets. Traditionally, most organizations have only grudgingly embraced BYOD due to security concerns. However, with VDI, data is no longer stored on the users’ devices and is thereby not subject to viruses, theft, or other security issues. All data interaction is done on the remote, secure cloud infrastructure. The local device is only a window onto the remote experience.
VDI allows clients to streamline their infrastructure and reduce the expenditures associated with equipment and IT staff in exchange for a predictable “per user/per month” pricing model. It’s not that different from leasing a car instead of buying one.
- Optional Administration
- Custom Hosting
Virtual Desktop is an application virtualization solution that transforms desktops and applications into a secure on-demand service, available to any user, anywhere, on any device. With the Virtual Desktop Service, you can deliver individual Windows, web and SaaS applications, to PCs, Macs, tablets, smartphones, laptops and thin clients with a high-definition user experience.
Base Application Bundle
Firewall Protection and Intrusion Detection
- All servers involved in the Virtual Desktop environment are positioned behind a firewall. Changes to the firewall rules must be approved by the CDT Information Security Officer (ISO).
- Connections to the Virtual Desktop environment are routed through a redundant Demilitarized Zone (DMZ) accessed via SSL only.
- Connections are double encrypted and compressed. A 128-bit SSL digital certificate provides the first layer of encryption. The second layer is provided via the Independent Computing Architecture (ICA) encryption and compression algorithm.
- Access security is enhanced by the use of a secure token code along with the standard user ID and strong passwords
CDT provides industry-standard security using hardware and software protocols and (OTP) to protect the Virtual Desktop environment from unauthorized access. Tokens can be hardware (hard token), software (per device), or Smart Phone (app).
Refer to the Supported Client OS and Browsers list for more information regarding supported client operating systems and browsers.
Featuring Microsoft clustering technology, CDT has architected the Virtual Desktop environment to maximize operational availability through redundancy and failover to reserve servers.
In addition to the same security provided for our Application Hosting service, the Virtual Desktop environment features network security, physical security, criminal background checks on administrators and encryption in transit and at rest. Virtual Desktop holds the following security certificates:
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPPA) compliant
- Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) compliant
- Payment Card Industry (PCI) compliant
- Customers are expected to observe the various IT security-related best practices, standards and policies in force within OTech including:
- SIMM 66A and 70E State of California Telework and Remote Access Security Standard
- IT Policy Letter ITPL 10-03, SAM Manual section 5340 and the International Standards Organization section 17999
For more information, see Security Services.
Current versions hosted in the environment include: Microsoft Office 2013, Microsoft Office 2010, Microsoft Office 2007, and Microsoft Office 2003 (legacy apps).
Microsoft Office Productivity Bundle
The Microsoft Office Productivity Bundle consists of Microsoft Office Pro:
Standalone Microsoft Products
- Microsoft Visio – (Standard)
- Microsoft Project – (Standard)
- Adobe Acrobat Professional
Hosted Customer COTS Application(s)
Virtual Desktop offers a flexible mix of cloud, dedicated, and hybrid hosting services to meet the needs of your application(s). Applications are diverse and they come with their own requirements and technical nuances. The Virtual Desktop support group has the experience and expertise to help you, by certifying your application in our environment and designing an infrastructure that’s best suited for your application.
Virtual Desktop offers a flexible mix of cloud, dedicated, and hybrid hosting services to meet the needs of your custom application(s). Applications are as diverse and unique as the business units that develop them, and they come with their own requirements and technical nuances-from varying compute, storage, and security needs, too often unpredictable load. The Virtual Desktop support group has the experience and expertise to help you, by certifying your application in our environment and designing an infrastructure that’s best suited for your custom application.
Virtual Desktop supports distributed administration and self-service password resets.
BACKUP AND RESTORE
Operating System Backup
- Weekly backup the operating system.
- Full backups occur every Saturday
- Incremental Backups occur three times a day.
CDT bills for consulting services when requested services exceed the workload in the rates approved. For more information please see Consulting Services.
CDT bills for consulting services when requested services exceed the workload in the rates approved. For more information see Consulting Services.
The Virtual Desktop Migration Planning Services are a one-time fee based on the number of hours spent on your project.
- Site Discovery
- Detailed discovery document
- Readiness Assessment
- Migration Planning
- Customer service validation / acceptance support
CDT offers on-site and/or Web conferencing based training available for all users.
- SAN storage is available in increments of 1 GB.
- Data storage on disk using a redundant array of independent disks (RAID)
- Off-site storage
Subscriptions to this service are available and can be referenced in the CDT Rate Schedule.
Service Code Service Description Unit of Measurement Rate Notes
M701 Base Application Bundle Below 50% Concurrency User/Month $17.40 M702 Base Application Bundle 50% - 74% Concurrency User/Month $25.20 M703 Base Application Bundle 75% - 100% Concurrency User/Month $31.80 M704 Office Productivity Bundle Below 50% Concurrency User/Month $37.80 M705 Office Productivity Bundle 50% - 74% Concurrency User/Month $45.60 M706 Office Productivity Bundle 75% - 100% Concurrency User/Month $52.20 M708 Microsoft Visio Standard Win32 w/Software Assurance License/Month $6.50 M710 Microsoft Project Standard Win32 w/Software Assurance License/Month $19.50 M712 Adobe Acrobat Pro License/Month $6.50 M714 SBCS Storage MB/Month $0.0044 M715 Secure ID Physical Token (Monthly Payment Option) Token/Month $3.30 M716 Secure ID Software-based Token (Monthly Payment Option) Token/Month $1.80
To request to Add, Change, Delete Virtual Desktop Services, please submit a Service Request: Order Now A completed Virtual Desktop Submittal is required prior to the start of work. Complete the Submittal and attach it to the Service Request. For additional information, please see the Virtual Desktop Guidelines.