Storage as a Service (STaaS) - Off Premises
The California Department of Technology (CDT) is now offering off-premises Storage as a Service (STaaS) as a new Vendor Hosted Subscription Service (VHSS), which provides vendor hosted cloud secondary storage solutions from the following vendors:
- Low cost
- Usage based costs
- High durability and reliability
- Storage management
- Multiple storage classifications
CDT provides a contract vehicle for customers to subscribe to services with the expectation of added value such as volume discounts, due to enterprise consolidation of all licenses into one contract in addition to:
- Service fulfillment;
- Contract management;
- Service management;
- Vendor management;
- Vendor invoice receipt, review, approval and payment;
- Procurement process including contract negotiations, purchase order generation and contract renewals;
- Software subscription tracking and renewal by customer; and
- Essential administrative activities in support of the above functions.
- Compliance with SAM 4983, 5100 & 5300
- Security certifications and/or attestation of compliance with:
- Criminal Justice Information Services (CJIS) (only available in the AWS GovCloud STaaS offering)
- NIST/FIPS, government security standards
- Secure tenant isolation
- Ability to encrypt data at rest or in transit
|Service Code||Service Description||Unit of Measurement||Rate||Group||Comment(s)|
|K601||BS3 IBM STaaS - Off Premise||Vendor Cost + 13.2%||See Link||Backup Secondary Storage Services||13.2% VHSS fee will be added to rate|
|K601||BS3 CloudEndure||Vendor Cost + 13.2%||See Link||Backup Secondary Storage Services||13.2% VHSS fee will be added to rate|
|K601||BS3 Amazon Web Services - US West Northern California||Vendor Cost + 13.2%||See Link||Backup Secondary Storage Services||13.2% VHSS fee will be added to rate|
|K601||BS3 Amazon Web Services - GovCloud||Vendor Cost + 13.2%||See Link||Backup Secondary Storage Services||13.2% VHSS fee will be added to rate|
|K601||BS3 Infiniti Professional Services||Vendor Cost + 13.2%||See Link||Backup Secondary Storage Services||13.2% VHSS fee will be added to rate|
Enrollment In Vendor Hosted Subscription Services
- The Customer contacts their Account Lead regarding STaaS Off-Premises.
- The Account Lead contacts corresponding vendor and facilitates a meeting between customer, vendor and CDT technical team.
- The Vendor provides a Business Proposal for new services or a price quote for additional/renewal services to the customer.
- In some cases, CDT will schedule a meeting with the customer, vendor and VHSS team for an overview of the products, functionality and licensing offered.
- The customer submits a Service Request to CDT in Remedy, requesting services with the Business Proposal or quote attached.
- The Service Request must contain the following information in the narrative:
- The timeframe to utilize the service
- A list of general requirements, and
- A budgetary quote or a business proposal.
- IT Program Management (ITPM) reviews, processes, and approves the request.
- Once all approvals are received, a work authorization will be released.
- The VHSS vendor will work with the Customer and Account Lead to schedule a walk through the application and make necessary configuration changes, if any.
- The Customer will notify ITPM once the services are completed, so that the department can accept the vendor invoice and bill the customer.
To order STaaS as a service, submit a Service Request through Remedy: Order Service Now