from Customer Engagement Services
“Your Gateway to Technology Services”
TA 23-04: Solaris Service Sunsetting
Issue Date: May 1, 2023
Attention: Solaris Platform Hosting Customers
Action Requested: Submit Case by December 1, 2023
Effective Date: December 1, 2024
As of December 1, 2024, the California Department of Technology (CDT) is sunsetting the Solaris Platform Hosting Service due to the age, platform, and lack of skilled resources to maintain the system. Customers currently using this service will need to transition to another system as it will no longer be available beyond December 1, 2024.
Current Solaris customers must submit a Solaris Server Services Case in the IT Services Portal indicating their department’s intended plan of action by no later than December 1, 2023.
Customers must clearly indicate in the Request Description which of the following options your department has chosen for replacing the Solaris Platform Hosting service:
- Migrate to the Linux Platform Hosting service.
- Migrate to the CAMC Linux Platform Hosting service.
- Migrate to the zSystems Platform Hosting service.
- Migrate to an alternative Platform Hosting service.
- Review Platform Hosting options to become acquainted with the available options.
- Indicate in the request which Platform Hosting service you have selected.
- Migrate off Solaris Platform Hosting to a customer-managed service.
Additional support fees may be incurred by customers still utilizing this platform after December 1, 2024, as CDT’s Solaris Platform Hosting will no longer be providing services after this date.
If you have questions, need further clarification, or would like to discuss your department’s specific requirements, please contact your CDT Account Lead by using the Account Lead Directory or by calling Customer Engagement Services at (916) 431-5390.