The California Department of Technology (CDT) contracts with the Foundation for California Community Colleges (FCCC) to provide part-time employment to students attending a public or private institution of higher education, in work related to the students’ field of study and academic goals.
At CDT, students work under close supervision and perform tasks ranging from data input and collection, to desktop support and customer service. Our students gain valuable experience and insight into how state government works, ultimately making them more competitive for careers in their field of study.
How Can I Find and Apply for a Position?
Interested students may apply for CDT “Student” positions without taking an examination. To get started, create a CalCareer account, where you will be guided on creating your State application. To search for available Student positions, visit CDT Job Openings.
Minimum Qualifications to Apply
To maintain student employment eligibility, FCCC policy requires the following:
- Students must be currently enrolled in a qualifying institution of higher education. Qualifying institutions include, but are not limited to:
- CSUS; any campus of the CSU or UC systems; any community college campus; or any private university offering a 4-year degree or credential program.
- Also qualifying are institutions of higher education that have an Articulation Agreement (an agreement indicating that units from that institution are transferable) with any of the above institutions.
- Undergraduate students must be enrolled in a minimum of six semester-units or nine quarter-units. Graduate students must be enrolled in a minimum of four semester-units or six quarter-units.
- Students must maintain a minimum grade point average of 2.0.
- Student duties and responsibilities are to relate to the students’ field of study and academic goals.
Will I Receive College Credit?
Students do not earn college credit by working for CDT.
Are These Positions Paid?
Salaries range from $15 – $19 per hour, depending on the type or complexity of work (graduate students generally qualify for the higher range). All positions are part-time and non-benefited.
For More Information
Visit Foundation for California Community Colleges