LISTSERV, email list management software, supports all types of electronic lists including email newsletters, announcement lists, and discussion groups. Utilizing email lists advances the concept of email a step further by disseminating a single message simultaneously to a group of people and simplifies administration of the lists. While traditional email is ideal for one-on-one interaction, email lists advance the concept a step further by disseminating a single message simultaneously to a group of people. Email list management software makes it easy to administer email lists, performing in seconds the functions that would otherwise have to be done manually, possibly taking many hours or days to complete. Email list management services are offered on a per list basis.
- Automatically handle communication between members and owners of lists
- Handle list subscriptions
- Process message delivery errors
- Utilize template formatting
- Report on the activity of mailing lists
This offering is classified as a Current Service.
This service will provide list owners the ability to:
- Manage up to 50,000 subscribers per list;
- Modify list subscriptions, signoffs, and settings;
- Automate subscription handling;
- Automate bounced emails;
- Assign an approver for distributed emails;
- Distribute email to list subscribers;
- Report on mailing list activity;
- Control the behavior of lists;
- Process message delivery errors;
- Utilize template formatting: either through the web interface or through standard emails;
- Maintain via web interface or command line through emails; and
- Accommodate lists up to 32 characters in length.
CDT manages contract and licensing for LISTSERV software and serves as liaison between the Customer and software manufacturer. CDT will maintain vendor support and update server software in accordance with manufacturer recommendations.
CDT is expected to initialize and support lists as well as assign list ownership and provide list owner training. Lists are implemented in accordance with CDT naming standards. Upon initial implementation, the CDT will provide List Owner procedures and training.
As needed, CDT will provide technical assistance and troubleshooting for LISTSERV software customers. Troubleshooting in accordance with standard email lists is included in the standard service; however, troubleshooting non-standard implementations may incur additional fees.
|Service Code||Service Description||Unit of Measurement||Rate||Notes|
|I209||ListServ E-mail Distribution||List/Month||$75.00|
Subscriptions to this service are available. Rates may also be referenced in the CDT Rate Schedule.
To request to Add, Modify, and Delete LISTSERV List(s) and Owner(s), and ask General Inquiries, please submit a LISTSERV service request: