State IT Policy, Standards, Instructions and Guidelines
As the state’s central organization on Information Technology (IT), the California Department of Technology (CDT) is responsible for establishing and enforcing statewide IT strategic plans, policies and standards. Through this website, the Department of Technology brings greater clarity to IT policies, standards, instructions, and guidelines regarding IT operations, security, project approval, procurement, enterprise architecture and oversight.
- General IT – Section 4800
- IT Planning & Feasibility Study – Section 4900
- IT Equipment Maintenance Records – Section 5000
- IT Standards – Section 5100
- IT Procurement – Section 5200 et seq.
- Information Security – Section 5300 et seq.
- Disposal of IT Equipment – Section 5900
- IT Fiscal (Expenditures) – Section 6700
- Automated Accounting Systems – Section 7260
- California Technology Strategic Plan – Vision 2023
- 2021 CA Information Technology Annual Report (PDF)
- IT-related Governor’s Executive Orders
- IT-related Budget Letters
- IT-related Management Memos
- IT Due Dates (PDF)
- California Project Management Framework