PS 023 - Information Security General SIMM Maintenance (5305-A, 5330-E, and 5360-A)Procedures/Standards Update: August 2022
Agency Chief Information Officers (AIO)
Chief Information Officers (CIO)
Agency Information Security Officers (AISO)
Information Security Officers (ISO)
CDT General SIMM Maintenance
The California Department of Technology (CDT) routinely evaluates its Statewide Information Management Manual (SIMM) policies and procedures for needed updates.
The purpose of this Procedures/Standards update is to announce:
- The outcome of its most recent evaluation which yielded non-substantive changes to several information security SIMMs (5305-A, 5330-E, and 5360-A). A summary of the updates for each SIMM is provided below.
- SIMM 5305-A: Minor edits to policy and procedure management section were made. These updates include:
- Added “and procedure” where it was not specifically stated. Though the lead in sentence for this section and corresponding NIST SP 800-53 controls specifically state policy and procedure, this update will make it clearer.
- Added “most recent version” for NIST SP 800-53 control reference on page
- SIMM 5330-E: Updated to add option to certify “No Host/Hosted relationship exists” and a requirement to file an update within 10-days of any change.
- SIMM 5360-A: Minor edit to Section 7 Heading and update for pointer to new Statewide Telework Policy and Guidance
- The Section 7 heading was updated with the missing “AND,” changed to “7.1 STANDARDS FOR EXCEPTIONS AND WHEN A PERSONALLY-OWNED INFORMATION ASSET IS USED TO TELEWORK”
- The URL to the Statewide Policy was updated to point to the new Telework policy and guidance website.
The following reference materials are associated with this procedures/standards update. Statewide Information Management Manual (SIMM) is available on the CDT’s website located at Policy – SIMM. The State Administrative Manual (SAM) is available on the Department of General Services website located at: SAM – DGS.
- SIMM 5305-A
- SIMM 5305-C
- SIMM 5330-E
- SIMM 5360-A