Learning Management System (LMS)
The Learning Management System (LMS) service offering provides State entities a COTS (Commercial-Off-The-Shelf) solution that enables the delivery, tracking, reporting and administration of training courses. A list of state-approved LMS vendors provide Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) systems configured to interact with the state’s new Unique Employee ID (UEID), enabling enhanced security of employee data, and moving toward a centralized view of an employee’s training across their career with the state.
More information on EnterpriseHR initiatives can be found on the CalHR website.
- Contracts were awarded to Cornerstone and BlackboardLMS.
- Vendor Pre-Certification completed. Certification planned during initial on-boarding of the departments.
- Detailed software functionality specific to each vendor will be published upon certification.
- Customers planning to leverage the LMS vendor hosted subscription service will need to complete the LMS VHSS Implementation Planning Checklist.
- Centralized location for state employee training information
- Statewide data sharing standards for LMS capabilities
- Effortless compliance tracking for mandated training
- Training records will follow employees throughout their careers
- Enhanced security delivered through the use of a unique employee ID
- Low-cost hosting solution, no capital expenditures, pay per use model
- Effortless upgrades – SaaS provider manages all updates and upgrades
Customers have the option to start with the out-of-the-box application or configure the tool to meet unique business requirements (additional implementation services may require separate procurement contracts and fees).
CDT provides a vehicle for customers to subscribe to vendor hosted subscription services, providing volume discounts by consolidating licenses into one contract. In addition, VHSS also provides:
- Service fulfillment.
- Contract management.
- Service management.
- Vendor management.
- Vendor invoice receipt, review, approval and payment.
- Procurement process including contract negotiations, purchase order generation and contract renewals.
- Software subscription tracking and renewal by customer.
- Essential administrative activities in support of the above functions.
Roles & Responsibilities can be found on the Vendor Hosted Service Standards page.
- NIST 800 – 171 standard and the DGS Cloud Computing Services and Special Provisions publication.
- Requires Department of General Services’ Cloud Computing Special Provisions SaaS and California State Administrative Manual (SAM) policy.
- SAM 5305.
- Learning Management System (LMS) includes encryption of confidential sensitive or personal information in accordance with SAM 5350.1 and SIMM 5305-A
- Section 508.
- LMS integrates with 3rd party authentication.
- LMS solution accepts Single Sign-On (SSO) security tokens.
- Compliance with statewide policies and laws regarding the use and protection of information assets and data.
Please follow the process outlined on the Request tab to obtain a quote.
|Service Code||Service Description||Unit of Measurement||Rate||Notes|
|K203||Learning Management System (LMS) - Cornerstone||Vendor Cost + 4.58%|
|K204||Learning Management System (LMS) - Blackboard LMS||Vendor Cost + 4.58%|
Please direct any questions regarding this service to your Account Lead.
To request this VHSS service, please follow the below process:
- The Customer completes the LMS VHSS Implementation Planning Checklist to define general requirements for the department, resource availability and implementation readiness.
- The Customer contacts the VHSS Vendor and schedules a meeting to discuss requirements.
|Vendor Name (and Product)||Contract Number||Contact Name||Phone||Alternate Phone|
|InSync Consulting Services LLC (Cornerstone OnDemand)||17-11630||Jonathon Marshall||(916) 244-2085||(888) 641-3444 | (916) 244-2085||Jmarshall@insynconline.net|
|Taborda Solutions (Blackboard)||17-11634||Bear Williams||(916) 717-8711||(916) 990-9864||Bear.firstname.lastname@example.org|
- The Vendor provides a Business Proposal for new services or a price quote for additional/renewal services to the Customer.
- The Customer submits a Service Request to CDT requesting services with the Business Proposal or quote attached.
- The Service Request must contain the following information in the narrative:
- The timeframe to utilize the service,
- A list of general requirements, and
- A budgetary quote or a business proposal.
- IT Procurement Management (ITPM) reviews, processes, and approves the request.
- Once all approvals are received, ITPM releases a work authorization.
- The VHSS vendor will work with the Customer to schedule a walk-through the application and make necessary configuration changes, if any.
- The Customer will notify ITPM once the services are completed so that the department can accept the vendor invoice and bill the customer.
To Subscribe, Change/Renew, Discontinue, or Request a Cost Estimate for LMS VHSS, submit a Service Request through Remedy and choose the Learning Management System option from the VHSS drop down list: Request Service Now