Learning Management System (LMS)
The Learning Management System (LMS) service offering provides State entities a COTS (Commercial-Off-The-Shelf) solution that enables the delivery, tracking, reporting and administration of training courses. A list of state-approved LMS vendors provide Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) systems configured to interact with the state’s new Unique Employee ID (UEID), enabling enhanced security of employee data, and moving toward a centralized view of an employee’s training across their career with the state.
More information on EnterpriseHR initiatives can be found on the CalHR website.
- Contracts were awarded to Cornerstone and BlackboardLMS.
- Certification completed.
- Department on-boarding activities are in progress.
- Customers planning to leverage the LMS Vendor Hosted Subscription Service (VHSS) will need to complete the LMS VHSS Implementation Planning Checklist.
- See Frequently Asked Questions for more information.
- Customers planning to leverage the LMS VHSS will need to complete the LMS VHSS Implementation Planning Checklist.
- Centralized location for state employee training information
- Statewide data sharing standards for LMS capabilities
- Effortless compliance tracking for mandated training
- Training records will follow employees throughout their careers
- Enhanced security delivered through the use of a unique employee ID
- Low-cost hosting solution, no capital expenditures, pay per use model
- Effortless upgrades – SaaS provider manages all updates and upgrades
Customers have the option to start with the out-of-the-box application or configure the tool to meet unique business requirements (additional implementation services may require separate procurement contracts and fees). CDT provides a vehicle for customers to subscribe to vendor hosted subscription services, providing volume discounts by consolidating licenses into one contract. In addition, VHSS also provides:
- Service fulfillment.
- Contract management.
- Service management.
- Vendor management.
- Vendor invoice receipt, review, approval and payment.
- Procurement process including contract negotiations, purchase order generation and contract renewals.
- Software subscription tracking and renewal by customer.
- Essential administrative activities in support of the above functions.
- NIST 800 – 171 standard and the DGS Cloud Computing Services and Special Provisions publication.
- Requires Department of General Services’ Cloud Computing Special Provisions SaaS and California State Administrative Manual (SAM) policy.
- SAM 5305.
- Learning Management System (LMS) includes encryption of confidential sensitive or personal information in accordance with SAM 5350.1 and SIMM 5305-A
- Section 508.
- LMS integrates with 3rd party authentication.
- LMS solution accepts Single Sign-On (SSO) security tokens.
- Compliance with statewide policies and laws regarding the use and protection of information assets and data.
Roles & Responsibilities can be found on the Vendor Hosted Service Standards page.
Please follow the process outlined on the Request tab to obtain a quote.
The rate schedule represents standard CDT services. If a Customer requires technology solutions that are not part of the standard, CDT will review the Customer’s request and provide customized pricing as necessary.
Service Description Service Identifier Product Name Unit of Measurement Rate Service Code Notes
Learning Management System (LMS) - Cornerstone Cornerstone Learning Management System (LMS) Vendor Cost + 4.58%** SeeÿLink Cornerstone K203-LMS A 4.58% VHSS Fee will be added. (The CDT Processing Fee has a maximum cap of $250,000 per PO, per year, not including the DGS fees.)
Learning Management System (LMS) - Blackboard LMS Blackboard Learning Management System (LMS) Vendor Cost + 4.58%** SeeÿLink Blackboard LMS K204-LMS A 4.58% VHSS Fee will be added. (The CDT Processing Fee has a maximum cap of $250,000 per PO, per year, not including the DGS fees.)
To request this VHSS service, please follow the below process:
- The Customer completes the LMS VHSS Implementation Planning Checklist to define general requirements for the department, resource availability and implementation readiness.
- The Customer contacts the VHSS Vendor and schedules a meeting to discuss requirements.
Vendor Name (and Product) Contract Number Contact Name Phone Alternate Phone InSync Consulting Services LLC (Cornerstone OnDemand) 17-11630 Jonathon Marshall (916) 244-2085 (888) 641-3444 | (916) 244-2085 Jmarshall@insynconline.net
Taborda Solutions (Blackboard) 17-11634 Bear Williams (916) 717-8711 (916) 990-9864 Bear.email@example.com
- The Vendor provides a Business Proposal for new services or a price quote for additional/renewal services to the Customer.
- The Customer submits a Case/Request to CDT requesting services with the Business Proposal or quote attached.
- The Case/Request must contain the following information in the narrative:
- The timeframe to utilize the service,
- A list of general requirements, and
- A budgetary quote or a business proposal.
- IT Procurement Management (ITPM) reviews, processes, and approves the Case/Request.
- Once all approvals are received, ITPM releases a work authorization.
- The VHSS vendor will work with the Customer to schedule a walk-through the application and make necessary configuration changes, if any.
- The Customer will notify ITPM once the services are completed so that the department can accept the vendor invoice and bill the customer.
To Subscribe, Change/Renew, Discontinue, or Request a Cost Estimate for LMS VHSS, submit a Case/Request and choose the Learning Management System option from the VHSS drop down list: Order Now
Which LMS products are available through the VHSS-LMS contract?
What is the cost of a LMS License?
How are user license costs determined?
How are license costs charged?
Does the CDT contract allow customers to customize the service offering?
If Blackboard or Cornerstone licenses are procured outside the CDT contract, can customers buy implementation services through CDT's LMS contract?
Are Departments required to choose on of CDTs VHSS-LMS vendors or can they choose one from the Department of General Services (DGS) Software License Product (SLP) offerings?
If my Department already purchased Blackboard or Cornerstone licenses through another source, can I purchase the Application Program Interface (API) from CDT to share learning data with other Departments?
Can Department-specific courses be added to the Blackboard and Cornerstone LMS without software changes?
What is included in the Cornerstone Performance Management and Succession Planning modules?
What is included in the Cornerstone Basic Implementation Service?
What is a Certification test?
What is a Pre-Certification test?
What additional information is available on each product?
The Blackboard marketing brochure is available at https://tabordasolutions.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/VHSS-LMS-Collateral-V4.pdf